Once upon a time, in a certain place and time an enlightened poet emerged in the 13th-century in the Persian Empire especially to the poets and poet lovers, He is called Jalal ad-Dins Rumi popularly known as Rumi, some call him the mystical and others call him a saint. He is best defined as the best-selling poet in the United States.
Rumi was born in Afghanistan in the early 13-century, he later moved to Turkey with his family. His father who was a preacher and religious scholar had a great influence in Rumi’s life and he initiated Rumi into Sufism. Rumi continued his education in Syria, where he learned more about the Sunni traditional believes and he later returned to Turkey.
He met a traveler called Shams-i-Tabriz, who later became his mentor; Shams had a lasting influence in Rumi’s religious practice and his poetry. Rumi’s poetry has helped many people in their quest for spiritual building in life.
If you find yourself emotionally or spiritually disturbed, go for Rumi’s poems to lift up your spirit.
‘’Stop acting so small; you are the universe in ecstatic motion. –Dins Rumi
Here are 40 inspirational quotes of Rumi that will lift up your spirit, if you find yourself feeling down.
1.Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. – Rumi
2. Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees. – Rumi
3. Beauty surrounds us, but usually we need to be walking in a garden to know it. – Rumi
4. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. – Rumi
5. Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom. – Rumi
6. Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart. –Dins Rumi
7. This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet. – Rumi
8. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. – Rumi
9. Why should I be unhappy? Every parcel of my being is in full bloom. – Dins Rumi
10. Your depression is connected to your insolence and refusal to praise. – Rumi
11. Sunlight fell upon the wall; the wall received a borrowed splendor. Why set your heart on a piece of earth, O simple one? Seek out the source which shines forever. – Rumi
12. Oh, bird of my soul, fly away now, for I possess a hundred fortified towers. – Rumi
13. There is an invisible strength within us; when it recognizes two opposing objects of desire, it grows stronger. –Dins Rumi
14. Plant the love of the holy ones within your spirit; don’t give your heart to anything, but the love of those whose hearts are glad. – Rumi
15. The way the Beloved can fit in my heart, two thousand lives could fit in this body of mine. One kernel could contain a thousand bushels, and a hundred worlds pass through the eye of the needle. – Rumi
16. The gifts of lovers to one another are, in respect to love, nothing but forms; yet, they testify to invisible love. – Rumi
17. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. – Rumi
18. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about.” – Rumi
19. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” – Rumi
20. “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.” – Rumi
21. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” – Rumi
22. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
23. “Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.” – Rumi
24. “I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.” – Rumi
25. “There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?” – Rumi
26. “Would you become a pilgrim on the road of love? The first condition is that you make yourself humble as dust and ashes.” ― Rumi
27. “There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the ground; there are a thousand ways to go home again.” – Rumi
28. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.” – Rumi
29. “Don’t wait any longer. Dive in the ocean, Leave and let the sea be you.” ― Rumi
30. ‘’The wound is the place where the Light enters you.“ – Dins Rumi
31. ‘’Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.“ – Rumi
32. ‘’Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.“ – Rumi
33. ‘’We are born of love; Love is our mother.“ – Rumi
34. ‘’And so it is, that both the Devil and the angelic Spirit present us with objects of desire to awaken our power of choice.“ – Rumi
35. ‘’Through Love all that is bitter will be sweet, Through Love all that is copper will be gold, Through Love all dregs will become wine, through Love all pain will turn to medicine.“ – Rumi
36. ‘’Listen! Clam up your mouth and be silent like an oyster shell, for that tongue of yours is the enemy of the soul, my friend. When the lips are silent, the heart has a hundred tongues.“ – Rumi
37. ‘’Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.“ – Rumi
38. “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” – Rumi
39. “Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.” – Dins Rumi
40. “In your light, I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” – Rumi
Well, Rumi came, saw, and fell in love with poetry as those before him did and he became one with poetry and as a lover. If you end up finding yourself down or spiritually weak or yearning to hear the words of a lover that calms the heart, then become a lover of Rumi’s poems.
I hope these 40 inspirational Rumi quotes on love and life will lift up your spirit when you find yourself feeling down and also open a new door of amazing grace in your life.