Dancing is a great way to keep you moving, sometimes you get caught up with lots of stuff running through your mind and you just can figure it out at the moment, and your body starts to fade into dullness and weakness.
At this moment what you need is a dance to shake off your worries and get yourself together; dancing comes with lots of benefits to the mind and the body. Sometimes you really need it to keep you on your toe for your physical fitness, emotional stability, and mental clarity.
Hey, don’t hold yourself back from dancing to your tune, shake that body, work it out and let the energy flow through you, we have collected some inspirational dancing quotes for you to warm your mind on the dance floor.
Also read Food 60 Inspirational Quotes And Sayings
Classic Dance Quotes
1. I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.
– Mikhail Baryshnikov ― Classic Dance
2. When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.
– Wayne Dyer― Classic Dance
3. Dance is the hidden langauge of the soul, of the body.
– Martha Graham― Classic Dance
4. I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what it too deep to find for words.
– Ruth St. Denis― Classic Dance
5. To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking.
– Agnes de Mille― Classic Dance
6. The truest expression of a people is in its dances and its music. Bodies never lie.
– Agnes de Mille― Classic Dance
7. I enjoy the freedom of modern dance as well as the constraints of classical dance.
– Deborah Bull― Classic Dance
8. Dancing is poetry with arms and legs.
– Charles Baudelaire― Classic Dance
9. Dance is the only art of which we ourselves are the stuff of which it is made.
– Ted Shawn― Classic Dance
10. Let us read, and let us dance — these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.
– Voltaire ― Classic Dance
Also read Video Games 53 Quotes To Keep You Engage
Hip Hop Dance Quotes
11. “If movements were a spark every dancer would desire to light up in flames.”
― Shah Asad Rizvi
12. “In our hip-hop lives we make rhymes we make beats we go big or go home. – Esme from Sister Mischief”
― Laura Goode
13. “The job of feets is walking, but their hobby is dancing.”
― Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words
14. I’ve been dancing my entire life. Jazz, hip hop, ballet. And then there’s tap dancing. I love to tap.
Emily VanCamp ― Hip Hop Dance
15. “Only God can judge me so I’m gone, either love me or leave me alone.”
16. The only reason I am successful is because I have stayed true to myself.”
― Lindsey Stirling
17. Love yourself and your expression, you can’t go wrong.”
― KRS-One ― Hip Hop Dance
18. “The human body is the best work of art.”
― Jess C. Scott
19. 20. Disco is just pop music you can dance to. – Sheena Easton
20. Most of my heroes don’t appear on no stamps”
― Chuck D
Cute Dance Quotes
21. The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. – Alan Watts
22. Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music. – George Carlin ― Cute Dance
23. Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance. – Oprah Winfrey
24. The dance is over, the applause subsided, but the joy and feeling will stay with you forever. – W.M. Tory
25. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. – Dave Barry
― Cute Dance
26. When a body moves, it’s the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I’ll tell you who you are. – Mikhail Baryshnikov
27. While I dance I can not judge, I can not hate, I can not separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole. This is why I dance. – Hans Bos
28. Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free. – Rumi
29. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain. – Vivian Greene
30. We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. – Japanese Proverb
Tap Dance Quote
31. When I first saw tap dancing, I immediately got it: the righteousness of being able to make so much noise with your feet!
― Shalom Harlow
32. Tap dancing all started with the old clog waltz.
― Sammy Davis, Jr.
33. Once you’re on stage you can’t go back, even when things go wrong people expect you to stay there and entertain them. When all else fails, you’ve got to try tap dancing.
― Angus Young ― Tap Dance
34. I think ‘Tap Dogs’ has lasted so long because people have a natural interest in tap dancing. This form of dancing can’t be dated, it’s such an intriguing form of dance because the feet are also an an instrument.
― Adam Garcia
35. I’m still tap dancing. I’m still going.
― Terence Stamp
36. There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.
― Vicki Baum
37. You’re just jealous of me because I’m a tap-dancing ballerina fairy princess veterinarian!
― Daniel Handler
38. Dancing is like dreaming with your feet!
― Constanze Mozart ― Tap Dance
39. Black people playing tennis, next white people will be tap dancing!
― Will Smith
40. Like my friend Warren Buffett, I feel particularly lucky to do something every day that I love to do. He calls it “tap dancing to work.”
― Bill Gates
Funny Dance Quotes
41. Those who can’t dance say the music is no good.
― Jamaican Proverb
42. I did everything he did, but backwards and in high heels.
― Ginger Rogers ― Funny Dance
43. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
― Vivian Greene
44. Dance first. Think later. It’s the natural order.
― Samuel Beckett
45. Do a loony-goony dance ‘Cross the kitchen floor, Put something silly in the world That ain’t been there before.
― Shel Silverstein
46. There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.
― Vicki Baum
47. Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching.
― Satchel Paige ― Funny Dance
48. Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals.
― Charles Baudelaire
49. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
― Dave Barry
50. If you can’t get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you’d best teach it to dance.
― George Bernard Shaw
Wedding Dance Quote
51. “If I fail I’ll come back to you… Then both of us will die together. Both of us will vanish from the life of our tribe.”
― Amador T. Daguio
52. The only time I ever look good dancing is if I’m next to my dad at a wedding (Wedding Dance Quotes)
53. Dance me to the wedding now, dance me on and on. Dance me very tenderly and dance me very long. We’re both of us beneath our love, we’re both of us above.
― Madeleine Peyroux
54. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” ― Maya Angelou
55. We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
― Japanese Proverb (Wedding Dance Quotes)
56. When I design a wedding dress with a bustle, it has to be one the bride can dance in. I love the idea that something is practical and still looks great.
― Vera Wang (Wedding Dance Quotes)
57. Tell me baby if it’s wrong. To let my hands do what they want. Late at night I pretend we are. Dance, dance, da-dance dancing in the dark.
58. If there were a ritual dance of the androgyne, Tai chi as performed by this master could be that dance. It is neither a masculine dance nor a feminine dance. It has the strength and grace of both.
― Dr June Singer
59. “One day, in your search for happiness, you discover a partner by your side, and you realise that your happiness has come to help you search.”
― Robert Brault (Wedding Dance Quotes)
60. Before you run away from me before you’re lost between the notes. Just as you take the mic. Just as you dance, dance, dance.
Dance Quotes For Kids
61. The only time I’ve really been away from my kids to do work was doing Shall We Dance because they both were in camp and it was the first time in twenty years that I haven’t been with my kids.
― Susan Sarandon
62. How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.. Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.
― Aaron Fresh
63. I was one of those hyperactive kids who wanted to jump around and sing and dance and scream and be on stage.
― Anna Kendrick ― Kids Dance
64. Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn’t music.
― William Stafford
65. All of us kids ended up ‘doing Mom.’ There are four of us who’ve tried show business. Five if you insist on counting my sister the nun, who does liturgical dance.
― Bill Murray
66. My two boys were the same ages as the kids in the show. In real life or in between the breaks I was raising two kids off camera who were not unlike the two kids who were being paid to be my kids.
― Alan Thicke
67. I’m so happy to be able to give kids the opportunity to learn about amazing world of dance and music that I’ve have been lucky enough to make such a big part of my own life.
― Britney Spears
68. We got on American Bandstand, where kids would dance to a record and then rate it. We called ourselves Tom and Jerry. I was Jerry.
― Paul Simon ― Kids Dance
69. Dance me to the children who are asking to be born. Dance me through the curtains that our kisses have outworn. Raise a tent of shelter now, though every thread is torn.
― Madeleine Peyroux
70. There was a period there where kids music sucked. It seemed people were playing down the kids, treating them like lesser beings. Kids have the capacity to feel, though there are certainly ideas musically that take time to develop, for adults or children.
― Medeski Martin And Wood
We hope you find the perfect dance quotes from this list to get you dancing and if you did please leave a comment below by telling us your favorite dance quotes.